Wednesday, August 10, 2011

almost time

When they say that time passes you b y they mean it. Years ago seemed like just yesterday and yet years have still gone by. I am so excited Michael is now no longer in the military medically retired. YEAH! He has been referred for two air traffic jobs that he applied for with the DoD Homestead, Fl and Eglin AFB. Unfortunatly he has decided to go with Midwest because they are paying him so much money. SO MUCH MONEY! It is not all about the money of course but its a lot. We will be financially set at the end of a year for quite a while. It is also so I can finish my criminal justice bachelors. I am so close 8 classes 2 semesters Fall is almost here and I grauduate in Spring. But a year away is going to be hard he gets 2-2 week paid vacations they provide the plane tickets and everything so we will see him every 4.5 months. The kids are going to have a really hard time with it as well as myself. He leaves this sunday the 14th for Kansas City for 2 days then he flys to Shaw AFB for 2 days then he has a flight to Kuwait but he's going to Al Asad Iraq until Christmas until that base closes then he goes on to another base. I have mixed feelings about him going but I think its the best choice for our fmaily now then hes guaranteed a job here in the states and he will be they said 70-100% disabled thru the VA and thats another paycheck to just sit in the bank and we get retirement from the military. So we are all hopful this will all work out I am bummed our 5 year anniversary he will be in Shaw AFB, but what can you do? 5 years...amazing right! I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment