Thursday, September 13, 2012

BOOKS!

So, I am reader! An avid one at that. There is nothing like a book that has the ability to move you in time, make you cry, laugh, and feel. So here are a few of my recent favorites that I hope can provide something for you. This is in no way a representation of what I have read just a few of my favs I cannot like over 200 books from the last 4 months but I hope these will encourage you to buff up your library. There is something about reading that worms its way into your soul.

1. The Taker (#1)/The Reckoning (#2) from the Taker Trilogy by Alma Katsu-these are an amazing set of books that I COULD not put down. 

2. Wicked Appetite/Wicked Business, from the Lizzy and Diesel Series by Janet Evanovich. She is a really good writer of course she did all the Stephanie Plum books as week. But these two books have more to come. 

3. Accidentally in Love With a God (#1), Accidentally married to a Vampire (#2), Sun God seeks a Surrogate (#3), by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff . OK these books are really good and funny at the same time there will be more to come in this series, but this is a funny series. 

4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, what an good book its like psychology met a sort of love story. I think its different and a more mature read. 

5. The whole Jeaniene Frost series about Cat and Bones its the Night Huntress Series I LOVED the whole series I think so far there are 5 or 6 I have read them all and every one of them and they are all funny and the love story is just as odd as the couple. 

6. Sweet Talk by Julie Garwood, I like her style could be that my major is in criminal justice that I like this one its a copper love story but well written. 

7. A Discovery of Witches (#1)/Shadow of the NIght (#2) by Deborah Harkness REALLY GOOD SERIES!!

8. Molly Harper she wrote a series (Care and feeding of Stray Vampires, Nice Girls Dont Bite their Nieghbors.....) ok if you find anything written by Harper she is so FUNNY! I found myself laughing out loud at this series and I love when I find a writer thats able to do that I have 6 books from that series so funny.

9. The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, I like True Blood and all but the books are SO much better as they so often are. This is a long series and my only complaint is the books are kind of expensive if you plan on reading the whole series I think on Nook they are each $7.99 so that adds up when there are over 9 books in the series. 

10. Slammed (#1)/ Point of Retreat by Coleen Hoover, ok this are really "grown up" books like reading Date or something but I think they have a fundamental sweetness behind them and I loved the idea of the Slam poetry that was in the book It was a light fun read

11. If I were You by Lisa Renee Jones, this is a good and better written erotic book that Shades of Grey. Shes a really good writer the second part of the story is not out yet but I assure you it will be GOOD.

12. The Rose Garden, by Susanna Kearsley In the beginning this book was a little confusing and I almost gave up on it but by the end I was enamored with her writing and the style of the book. its a good mix of past and present that has an lovely love story. Stick thru the book it will pay off. 

13. Rainshadow Road (#1)/Dream Lake (#2) by LIsa Kleypas. LOVE THESE BOOKS! beautiful love story. 

14. Taken (#1)/ No Takebacks (#2) by Kelli Maine-OOHHH good books I am so anxious to see what happens in number 3. its sexy, fun, well written, all in one

15. H.P. Mallory LOVE HER WRITING CANNOT SAY ENOUGH I read her whole Dulcie ONeil Series and loved it wish she was ready with the 5th book but alas the woes of waiting on publishing. She also did the Jolie Wilkins Series her next book in that series I think comes out on the 25th of this month AMAZING SERIES!! I find myself rooting for two potential loves and not sure who I would pick cannot say enough about her writing she's amazing and both series are awesome.

16. Beautiful Disaster, by Jamie McGuire another awesome book 

17. Auschwitz, I am a history minor so this was a really good book from the other side. 

18. Gabriels Inferno (#1)/ Gabriels Rapture (#2) by Sylvain Reynard oh I was so sad when this series ended. I love Dantes Inferno and these books use a lot of Dante inferences and I enjoyed being challenged at the understanding as anyone who has read Dante's Inferno knows. You will enjoy these books. 

19. The Guild Hunter Series by Nalini Singh awesome books about vampires being enslaved to the Angels. An interesting new take on angels and vampires. Singh keeps you engrossed through the whole series I think there are 5 in the series now  a new one just come out but I haven't read it yet. 

20. The Best of Me, Nicholas Sparks-ok I cried on this one but who doesn't when they read Sparks....a tear jerker for sure

SO here are 20 series/books that I think people should give a chance. I have SO MANY more but I narrowed down the top 20. If you can read you can think for yourself, you can inspire others, you can come to your own understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment