Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cynicism...

Our knowledge has made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness."

~Charlie Chaplin

I would like to think that I am not a cynical person. I like to feel like I have a ton of humanity...but as people we are all clever and perhaps we have fooled outselfs into thinkning that we are good, noble, kind people.Perhaps we aren't-I am sure with every good deed there are ten to replace them. Maybe cynicism is all in the way that the person or people percieve it to be. Maybe what I think it is is not how another person takes it to be. With anything in life there is the grey and white side to everything. There isn't anything black and white theres always a medium. So are you cynical or just having a bad day?

No comments:

Post a Comment