Thursday, February 17, 2011

Personal Victory

"In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves...self-discipline with all of them came first.”  Harry Truman

Ok even though the above quote is a bit sexist to the men, i feel like I am trying really hard to be self-disciplined and finally get a victory. I have been struggling with my weight since I had Hannah, then Isabella. Although I wouldnt trade it for all the six packs in the world I am still left with a csection scar and a lot of extra weight. I have finally decided to do something about it and stop letting it run my life I am gonna run it. It is gonna take a LOT of work but I finally feel like i am at a place in my life that I am ready to take that step and make the change. I think that I need to stop complaining and just get started on it. Life for me has been a series of many set backs and many victories, I am ready to conquer something else. I know in the end that the damage has been done, but its worth the change and not just for me but for my kids. I want them to ahve a healthy lifestyle to know that Big Macs and burgers are not the way to a healthier lifestyle. It for us is a convience thing we are so busy a lot of times we fall back on fast food, but it isn't a crutch anymore its a wheelchair. So lets make changes. Lets start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment