Tuesday, February 1, 2011

purpose

John F. Kennedy wrote, "Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." But what happens when your efforts are railroaded and your direction is suddenly changed? There are always winds of change upon us, and like a leaf that gusts into the wind their paths are full of turmoil their course is unknown you just always hope where ever that leaf is traveling ends up in that pond that's in the pictures. Although the wind was rough it found that tiny little leaf a soft spot to land. I suppose one could find a metaphor in about everything in life, but I think this quote speaks volumes.

Life is full of windy gusts, but I think as long as you have your soft spot to land you will end up bruised but not broken. Maybe that's why I have been so lucky my whole life. I have had a lot of wind, on occasion even a tornado, but I always come back to my soft spot. For me my soft spot are my babies. I have had such a long week but its the nights this week that have provided me with comfort, and direction. i remember my purpose in life when I am laying in bed Hannah is holding my hand and we fall asleep, her chest up and down in and out. Isabella every smile on that adorable sweet little face reminds me that my purpose in life is to love them unconditionally and smother them in bushels and pecks. Effort and courage are not enough, but when you have such an amazing place to fall back to it makes all the wrong turns lead you back to the right direction.


My life has been filled with lumps and bumps, heartache, and happiness but I think my whole direction or purpose is leading me to the best years of my life, respectively. My journey has lead me to find out the person I am (even though i still have a lot of growing to do) and who I want my children to remember me for. That old saying about whose coming to your funeral and what will they say about you...some people say who cares I'm dead, but great people are the ones who are remembered, their stories are reverberated throughout time and sometimes what they do and say or who they were means more after death to the people still around. I want Justin Beiber to come to my funeral and sing...not! Find your path or your direction but fall a lot on the road its what makes the end resolve that much sweeter. The end is just as important as how you got there

No comments:

Post a Comment