Monday, March 28, 2011

Creating my own reality

What are rose colored glasses? Sometimes I wish I had a pair, funny thing is that they are free! $0 down, no monthly fee...or is there? If I could see my world through rose colored glasses I would paint my own reality. Here's the thing people will just either see you as full of optimism or a fashion forward kind of thinker (yes you can actually buy some cute glasses and call it fashion, heck spandex has been called fashion)

My whole life I have heard people say you can't have your cake and eat it to (ok may be true), pull up your big girl panties and deal with it.Well maybe their glasses are no good, maybe they are blue and get them down, I shall let them try mine. Because what if I just don't want to pull up my panties? IS it wrong to take a day,a week, or even a month in my glasses for a break from normalcy, a break from all the stuff that clutters my mind? I want to put my heads in the clouds and wait for the skittles to fall down. So, I like to be commando, and I really love cake with buttercream frosting so I am probably going to eat it even if its not good forme (metaphorically). And FYI skittles are delicioso especially when they fall from the sky.

Maybe reality is better but, sometimes, wouldn't it be fun to put on your glasses and forget about the calories in the cake its calorie free. HA. No, you are not failing you have your glasses on today you are everything everyone wants you to be. Here's the thing somedays i would just like to alter my reality a bit, (*clause*not my kids of course they are AMAZING) I know that this is not a healthy attitude maybe I need to take them off and deal, but somedays the sunrise is nicer from my glasses than the dark of the night. I don't sleep much my brain is abnormal (like in Young Frankenstein "what braind did you get? Abby abby Normal, yes I think thats what it was), it never stops long enough to let me.

There are lots of things in my life that I am so thankful for. My life is sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows without the glasses. But today instead of facing the world in a 3D vivid color pallet I am hitting my shades, and gonna deal with it all tomorrow. After all tomorrow is another day. Just don't let me keep them on to long, I do have things I am going to have to deal with eventually, and they are not good to wear all the time, the may mask the pain, but they are taking away the very precious time in your lives. I just know that tomorrow when I take my glasses off and deal with it all I will be just fine, because thats how I roll strong woman, determined woman, a woman who deserves truth, love, JOY, and happiness.

*CAUTION* rose colored glasses do not take away the pain, the glasses come off eventually, it prolongs the inevitable, and does not mix well with alcohol.

“Rose-colored glasses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams.” Anne Landers

No comments:

Post a Comment