Thursday, March 3, 2011

Woman behind the mirror

Pablo Picasso wrote, "Are we to paint what's on the face, what's inside the face, or what's behind it? So when I look at my face in the mirror I don't just see that my eyebrows aren't waxed today, or that I have an imperfection, or even the freckle on the left corner of my mouth. I see the inside. I see through the cornea to the soul. My soul my heart its had its beatings, but my reflection tells  story of being a face with a definition a story of my life. I have a few crows feet but those are probably from all the sun I got swimming growing up. I have a little dent by my temple, I am 100% sure it was chicken pox that i scratched because I am obsessive. Inside my mouth I chew the sides of my tongue those are battle scars of my mind I chew because I have so much going on its my outlet when I am brain dumping. These imperfections that we see are not imperfections they are life stories. Some we would rather hide and we do with makeup and mascara, even a smile sometimes, but all in all I love all of my imperfection they help to shape and define who I am today

No comments:

Post a Comment